An original acrylic, plaster, marker, and lacquer on canvas measuring 11.5" x 15.5".
This was the next piece in my color studies series, an attempt to focus more on the process than the outcome.
In this, I used the left over acrylic/plaster mixtures from Color Study #2 and repeatedly pressed it onto the canvas to create the background pattern. I then used a metallic gold marker to make the triangles and accentuated them with teal acrylic to make them pop.
It was a very different process than I'm used to - using leftovers to determine the direction of the piece without worrying about the finished product. It was definitely anxiety-producing but worthwhile in the end.
I had a lot of fun making this piece and I am thrilled with the result. Please, enjoy!