An original multimedia piece featuring acrylic, plaster, cardboard, chalk, spray paint, marker, glitter, resin, and lacquer measuring 29.5" x 24.5".
This was the next piece in my color studies series, an attempt to focus more on the process than the outcome.
For this, I started with a framed puzzle of wildflowers which I painted over with acrylic. I was fascinated by layers in this piece, so you can still see bits of the puzzle peaking out from underneath.
I then added pieces of watercolor paper that I had torn and covered in tinted plaster as well as other found materials like the mini landscape I painted on an errant piece of wood. The spray painted lattice was outlined in chalk marker, I really enjoyed how it presented on the various surfaces across the painting - leaving puzzle piece outlines in some places and smoothing out the surface in others.
Then came the really fun part - glitter and resin. I used reflective confetti pieces to suspend in the resin itself then added in the clouds of powered glitter as the resin hardened. I really enjoy that the resin is not uniform across the piece, even leaving some spots bare.
This piece is very unusual for me and outside my comfort zone. It was very much an exercise in not judging the process and trusting that the piece would tell me what it needed in due time. This is not meant to be a "perfect" piece, but, rather, an honest representation of itself - flaws and all.
And I'm absolutely tickled with how it turned out, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!